2 tb Vegetable oil 1 c Chicken stock or
1 md Onion, thinly sliced 2 pk Instant chicken broth and
3 md Tomatoes, peeled and thinly 1 c Water
-sliced 1 1/2 lb Cooked lamb, cut into 1
3 tb Of butter or margarine -inch cubes
2 tb Flour 3 c Mashed potatoes, leftover,
1 ts Salt -made freshly
1/4 ts Pepper Or packaged instant potatoes
1. In a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole, Place
vegetable oil, onion and tomatoes and heat, uncovered, in Microwave
Oven 4 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
2. In a small, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl melt butter in
Microwave Oven 30 seconds.
3. Blend in flour, salt, pepper and chicken stock.
4. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 3 minutes or untiI thick- ened
and smooth. Stir occasionally.
5. Add sauce and cooked lamb to onion-tomato mixture. Stir to combine.
6. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 5 to 7 minutes or until almost
heated through (time will depend on temperature of cooked lamb). Top
with mashed potatoes and heat, uncovered, an additional 3 to 5
minutes or until serving temperature is reached.
Variation: Cooked beef chunks, ground beef or ground lamb may be
for cooked lamb.