450 g Potatoes; peeled, grated,
; rinsed and dried
1 lg Parsnip; peeled and grated
50 g Plain flour
Salt and freshly ground
3 L5ml vegetable oil
2 Peppers; cored and roughly
1 Courgette; cut into chunks
2 Cloves garlic; crushed
1 Red onion; cut into chunks
2 125 g potatoes; well
25 g Vegetarian pecorino; flakes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 220?C/425?F/Gas Mark 7
2. Mix together the grated potato, parsnip and flour; season with the salt
and pepper, then bind together with 2 x 15ml spoon / 2tbsp of oil.
3. Divide into 4 mounds on a well greased baking sheet and shape into 10cm
/ 4 inch nests with the edges slightly raised. Cover with cling film and
chill for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile mix together the peppers, courgette, garlic and onion. Cut the
potatoes lengthways into equal wedges and add to the other vegetables. 5.
Toss the vegetables in the remaining oil with salt and pepper then roast in
the oven for 20 minutes.
Available on Amazon
6. Turn the vegetables over. Uncover tarts and place in oven on a separate
sheet, continue cooking for a further 20 minutes.
7. Transfer tarts to serving dishes and spoon in roasted vegetables.
8. Top with flakes of pecorino cheese (optional) and serve immediately.
Going Vegetarian Information Sheet