1 1/2 c Oysters
4 Scallion stalks
1/2 ts Salt
1 ds Pepper
4 tb Flour
1/2 ts Baking powder
1/4 c Oyster liquid
6 tb Vinegar
2 ts Hot sauce
1. Shell oysters reserving their liquid, and chop coarsely. Cut scallion
stalks in 1/2-inch sections.
2. Beat eggs. Then stir in salt, pepper, oysters and scallions.
3. Sift flour, together with baking powder. Blend to a paste with oyster
liquid; then stir into egg mixture.
4. Heat a skillet and grease lightly with a drop of oil. Spoon oyster
batter onto skillet (with a large spoon) to make pancakes 2 inches in
diameter. Brown lightly on each side. Remove and keep warm.
5. Repeat, re-oiling skillet each time batter is added. Serve pancakes with
a dip made by mixing vinegar and hot sauce.
From The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded
from Glen’s MM Recipe Archive,