1 c Butter Flavor Crisco
1 c Sugar
2 tb Milk
2 1/4 c Flour, All Purpose
1/2 ts Salt
1/2 ts Baking Soda
3 c Coconut, Flaked, Divided
1 Egg Yolk
1 tb Milk
70 Pecan Halves,
– about 1 1/4 cups
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes Chill Time: 2 hours to Overnight Bake
Time: 12 Minutes
Hint: Cookie rolls can be frozen for up to three months.
1. Cream Butter Flavor Crisco, sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in large
bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in
2. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture. Add 2
cups of the coconut. Mix until well blended.
3. Divide dough in half. Form each half into a roll 1
1/2 inches in diameter.
4. Cut 2 pieces wax paper 18 inches long. Sprinkle 1/2 cup coconut on
each piece. Roll dough in coconut. Roll up in wax paper. Refrigerate
several hours or overnight.
Available on Amazon
5. Heat oven to 325 F. Grease baking sheet with Butter Flavor Crisco.
6. Cut dough with a sharp knife into 1/4 inch slices. Place 2 inches
apart on baking sheet.
7. Combine egg yolk and 1 tablespoon milk. Stir well. Brush on cookie
slices. Top each slice with a pecan half.
8. Bake at 325 for 12 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.
Makes 6 dozen 1 1/2 cookies.