Ingrients & Directions
1 c Butter — softened
1/2 c Confectioner’s sugar
1 ts Vanilla extract
2 c All-purpose flour
FILLING AND TOPPING
1/2 c Ricotta cheese
1/4 c Confectioner’s sugar
2 tb Confectioner’s sugar
1/2 ts Vanilla extract
2 c Fresh blueberries
1. Beat butter and confectioners’ sugar at medium speed until light
and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
2. At low speed, beat in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough forms.
Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 30 min.
3. Preheat oven to 350deg. Divide dough in half. On a floured
surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll each dough half into an 8
in. round. Place 1 round on an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Cut remaining round into 8 equal wedges. Place wedges on baking
5. Bake shortbread until just set, 15 to 20 min. Transfer baking
sheet to a wire rack to cool slightly. Transfer shortbread to rack to
6. To prepare filling, mix together ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup
confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla.
7. To assemble, place shortbread round on a plate. Spoon filling over
shortbread; sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups blueberries. Dust wedges with
remaining confectioners’ sugar. Arrange wedges and remaining berries
WATCH BAKING TIME CAREFULLY; SHORTBREAD MUST NOT BROWN.