1 Pastry for 9" pie
1 lb Asparagus in 1-1/2" pieces
1 c Jarisberg cheese,shredded
3 tb Pimiento strips
2 tb Cornstarch
1/2 ts Salt
1 pn Black pepper
1 1/2 c Half-and-half
3 Eggs,slightly beaten
1/4 c Parmesan cheese,fresh grated
1. Line 11x1-inch fluted tart pan with pastry; trim pastry with top
of pan and prick with fork.
2. Bake tart shell in preheated 450'F oven 10 minutes, or just until
3. Meanwhile, cook asparagus in boiling salted water just until
crisp-tender; drain thoroughly.
4. Remove baked sheel from oven and reduce temperature to 375'F.
5. Sprinkle sheel with Jarisberg cheese; top with well-drained
asparagus and pimiento.
6. In medium bowl, combine cornstarch, salt and black pepper;
gradually stir in half-and-half until smooth.
7. Stir in eggs and Parmesan cheese until well blended; pour mixture
into tart shell over asparagus.
8. Bake in preheated oven 35 to 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in
center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.